Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Whirlwind



This last weekend was a crazy great one- We set up a wedding with Bella I'venti and I was in charge of making healthy dessert for my nephews 1st bday party! And we had a craft show that same day! Luckly my sister Autumn could stay at the show while I went to the birthday party.

The cupcakes were a test- I have never tried to make a healthy cupcake without sgar or other artrifical ingredients, at times i felt like bring on the box cake mix! But it was worth every bit of struggle...

I made Banana cupcakes- which were more like a muffin so I need to find a more cake like recipe, but they were good non the less. My nephew's fave thing is banana so I thought they would be perfect!


I also made Strawberry Cupcakes- it was like an angel food cake with strawberries mixed in. Very yummy!

I did make some alterations to each recipe- Where it called for agave I used honey. I also did not use the specialty flours or the arrowroot powder- I used half organic wheat and half organic unblanched white flour. I also used coconut oil in the banana cupcakes instead of grapeseed oil.
Also I made my healthier cookies, that are really yummy, but i will share that recipe later.



I didn't really take pictures, i was too flustered with everything that was going on in my life! Ha, oh well next time I will remember to slow down









Husband and I also had our first sunday at our new church! We are driving 1.5 hours to get there, and we are very excited for our future at Covenant Church! Since being led to make the drive we didn't know what to expect... and while we have been hearing some opinions from family and friends that think we are crazy, radical... we knew and know that this is where God wants us to be. The service Sunday was so refreshing! I would highly suggest you go and listen in. It was every bit of what I needed to hear and I am so blessed already by Pastor Matt and Covenant Church!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment